2013. július 14., vasárnap

Urban plum cake

I started to knit this project in March, and I finished about 2 months later. (Yes, finished in May but I was lazy to write about it. :P)


The yarn is a Hungarian dyeable merino wool (Barka Pikor), which I've bought from Nina, who has painted it. The name of the yarn was plum cake - I think the color really fits the name! :) I'm always afraid of using gradient yarns, because some times I loved the colors in skein but if I made a test knitting, I didn't like it on bigger surface. But now I'm totally satisfied with the result.


(click for the bigger picture!)
Designer: Veera Välimäki
Pattern: Urban (I've bought the pattern on Ravelry.)
Yarn: Barka Piktor from Nina, ~560 m
Needle: 3.5 mm
More info and pictures about the project on my Ravelry site.

The skein was originally 100 gr / 660 m and I believed it's not enough to this sweater. Finally I've used just about 85 gr, so I was really surprised. The pattern was very easy (but a little boring to knit with 3.5 needle), so I loved to knit while I watched TV.



Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése