2012. július 17., kedd

DIY vintage button ring

A few weeks ago I have bought some vintage buttons on the flea market. Now I've chosen two really summer feeling buttons, and I have made them a vintage ring. It is absolutely ideal to wear on the beach or walking in the city on a sunny summer day. :)

Buttons from the flea market


What you will need:
- vintage buttons (or new from the shop :)
- ring base (I used rhodium plated and adjustable)
- two-component glue (glue gun isn't good!)
- a piece of sandpaper
- blade pliers
 I remove with theblade pliers the "ear of button"

 Now, the back of  button is flat.

 It will look like the ring.

I polish the ring base - it is very important! If the ring is flat and smooth, the glue doesn't adhere to the surface, and if you drop your jewelry, it will break down. You need a harsh surface.

 See the picture! I've polished the ring, so you can see the copper color below the rhodium layer.

 I glue the silver button in the blue, plastic button, then the ring onto the blue button.

I filled the holes with glue.

If the glue flows out around the ring, it'll hold stronger. Use a lot of glue!

 ...and you are ready! :)

3 megjegyzés: