2012. július 5., csütörtök

Treasures from the flea market

When I was the first time in Berlin, we have visited the largest flea market in Mauerpark. That was about 4 years ago.
When the Berlin Wall was still standing (1961-1989), here was the border. There was a no-go area on both sides of the wall (Death Strip). After the demolition of the Wall this area remained free. Nowadays here is the border between the two districts: Prenzlauer Berg and Wedding. Every Sunday there is a flea market and karaoke, and when the weather is good (= the snow doesn't fall and the temperature is minimum -5 Celsius :P), a lot of people are sitting in the grass and picknick.

photos: carlos

I love the feeling of the park, so if the weather is nice, I always go to the flea market. And every time I find exciting and lovely things. :)
"Treasures from the flea market" will be a series about my finds. Because I sell my jewelry every Sunday in the park, I have the occasion to hunt for treasures. ;)

Last weekend I have found some beautiful vintage buttons, and a very small and pretty Chanel perfume bottle. (The whole was two Euros.)

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése